We are currently seeking:
Volunteer Weekend Host
Nungalinya College is a Theological College for Indigenous people with a campus in Darwin in the NT. Students come in from remote communities to study by intensive. The role of the weekend host is to provide transport to and from the airport or bus depot for students, welcome and settle them into their rooms. In addition, the host acts as caretaker and ensures the safety and security of the premises at weekends, locking and unlocking the facilities. A 2 bedroom unit on campus is provided as part of the position.
This position would be an ideal position for anyone wishing to be involved in Indigenous ministry in the future or possibly a retired couple or a student. As the position only requires working on the weekends there would be plenty of time for distance studies to complement the work.
This is a voluntary position. The college will assist with travel expenses. Meals (during term time only) and accommodation are included as part of the package.
We are urgently seeking to fill this position for Semester 2 and would accept applications for just the second half of 2018, but this is an ongoing position and we would also welcome applications from those willing to come for longer.
- A committed Christian believer and church member
- Experience working with Indigenous people, or a desire to explore this in the future.
- The ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Indigenous people.
- Willingness to work sensitively within an environment that values Indigenous culture and Christian values.
- Flexibility, patience and good boundaries.
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to cope with possibly long days on some weekends
- A current manual NT Driver’s licence (to be obtained if an interstate one) and a good driving record.
- A current first aid certificate (or willingness to obtain one at the College’s expense)
- An Ochre Card and Police Check (to be obtained if successful)
Start Date: July 20th, 2018
For further information and an application form please contact:
Dr Jude Long email@example.com or phone 08 8920 7527 (Principal)
Download here – Volunteer Weekend Host – Position Vacant